When I try to run a diagram after quitting Bonita, a dialog box with a progress bar and a description of "First run, waiting for engine to start" appears. That progress bar will never finish loading, until it got interrupted by an error message saying that Tomcat is already running, after the default timeout of 300ms. Checking the netstat will show that there is a double usage of port 8080 and 8009 by the same process ID. It will not happen unless I run Bonita, which means that Bonita is running 2 instances of Tomcat and thinks that its process got blocked by another instance of a Bonita Studio or something else.
OS: Windows 10 Pro 64-bit (10.0, Build 17134)
Processor: Intel Core i5-8250U CPU @ 1.60GHz (8 CPUs), ~1.8GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
It first occurred to me out of nowhere, and I am unsure of the steps to reproduce the first occurrence. But ever since that, I've done uninstallation, then installation and here are the steps afterwards:
1. Choose do not migrate data during the installation process.
2. Leave the check mark for "Launch Bonita" on.
3. Import the .bos manually (I always export at the end of the day so I will be importing the .bos file from the previous day, which will also be of type Bonita 7.x).
4. Publish the organization used in the diagrams.
5. Run a set of SQL queries to populate some tables (I store the SQL queries in a separate file and I run those queries every time I've finished re-installing Bonita).
That's all the steps I did, and afterwards I use Bonita normally. Until I have to quit Bonita so that I can shut down my laptop, in which case, I will not be able to run any process in Bonita again after quitting the software.
Uninstallation after every time I quit the software. Then I will install it again afterwards.